Green Tomato Crostini.
You can cook Green Tomato Crostini using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Tomato Crostini
- You need 2 of green tomatoes; seeded & small dice.
- Prepare 1 T of dill; minced.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon; zested & juiced.
- It’s 1/4 of red onion; minced.
- You need 1/4 C of grated parmesean cheese.
- It’s 1 of large pinch sugar.
- It’s 1 of baguette; sliced thin on bias.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic; peeled and cut in half horizontally.
- Prepare as needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Green Tomato Crostini step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine green tomatoes, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, and red onion. Add a large pinch of salt and pepper..
- Lay a piece of parchment paper atop a baking tray. Lay cut baguette slices atoo and brush with plenty of oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and parmesean atop each slice..
- Toast baguette slices for approximately 5 minutes or until edges are crispy but center is not quite crispy. It will crisp perfectly during carry over cooking process while resting..
- Rub a half clove of garlic all over the crisp bread slices while hot so the oils released from the garlic will flavor the bread..
- Top each slice with tomato mixture then sprinkle a little parmesean atop..
- Variations; Diced pickles, vinegar, white wine vinegar, pickle relish, cucumber, parsley, lime, burrata cheese, feta, bell peppers, chives, corn, hard boiled eggs, bacon, pancetta, prosciutto, vegetable oil, butter, fried capers, celery seed, mustard, savory, scallions.