Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo. Reviews for: Photos of Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. I only used half the roux because I like my gumbo thicker. This recipe was a culmination of several recipes that I ran across through the years.
The darker the color, the richer it will. Categories: Gumbo Recipes Chicken Recipes Poultry Sausage Recipes. More from This classic chicken and sausage gumbo recipe represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking. You can have Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo
- You need 3 lbs of chicken thighs with bone and skin.
- It’s of Seasoned flour to dredge chicken.
- Prepare 1 of lg yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of red & 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- It’s 8-10 of roma tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cream sherry.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shortening.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 10-12 cups of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tbs of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbs of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tbs of white pepper.
- You need of Cajun seasoning to taste. I like it spicy so I used a fair bit.
- Prepare 1 pkg of frozen okra.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 lbs of andouille sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare 4-6 cups of prepared white rice.
- Prepare of Gumbo filé.
Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Put chicken pieces in a bowl. Blend salt, peppers, mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika, granulated garlic and file powder. Rub four teaspoons of the mixture over the chicken.
Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo instructions
- Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and seal. Shake well to coat evenly. Heat canola oil in a lg frying pan just under medium heat. Fry chicken covered until golden brown on both sides. Set aside..
- In the same pan, reserve 2 tbs of the chicken grease. Add onions, peppers, and celery. Fry on medium heat until onions are translucent..
- Meanwhile in a lg Dutch oven, melt shortening on medium heat. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Stir almost constantly until the roux becomes almost a chocolate brown and smells very nutty. This takes a while, but is the base Flavor of the dish. If it starts to smell burnt. Start over..
- Add tomatoes and garlic to the onion mixture. Keep frying until about half of the liquid from the onions evaporates. Add sherry. Bring to a simmer until half of that liquid evaporates..
- When the roux is done it will be a nice caramel color. Slowly add the onion mixture to it. Continue to stir constantly. Add water and mix thoroughly. Add the fried chicken, bouillon and spices. Bring to a simmer and simmer for an hour uncovered. Stir every 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Add okra and sausage. Simmer for another 20 minutes..
- In a bowl, plate rice off to one side. Add gumbo to the bowl, and top with a chicken thigh. Sprinkle a little gumbo filé on top and serve immediately. Enjoy..
Continue adding the roux mixture, half a cup at a time, always stirring rapidly and constantly. Add the smoked sausage and stir. Cook the Book: Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo. The ingredients vary widely but all the recipes involve a thick roux. This Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo starts with a roux made up of equal parts fat and flour, which are slowly cooked until the mix makes its way from a light tan all the.
The Foods You Select To Eat Will Certainly Effect Your Health On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will get at all of those take out places. You will see that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be very bad. You will be pleased to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you should be ingesting every day. One of the primary sorts of foods you ought to be eating plenty of, is various berries. The initial thing you will discover about berries is just about any sort of berry has a lot of vitamin C. One more thing you will recognize is that the antioxidants in berries is higher than just about any other food that you may choose to eat and this can assist with your circulatory system. Most people already know that cells begin to break down over time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can certainly help keep your cells healthier for longer periods of time. While most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a really good reason why. You may already know that most of the vitamins you need on a daily basis can be found in a variety of vegetables, but you will also be able to find essential potassium in vegetables as well. One of the vegetables that can provide the potassium you need is broccoli. Something else you may want to try is the next time you make a salad try making use of spinach as an alternative to your traditional lettuce as you will discover that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves. Although some of you love to have your snack foods, rather than reaching for the chips try grabbing some nuts. You will come to realize that these snack items are loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts as well as seeds will have a lot more than others. Your system will use these kinds of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones that your body requires to stay healthy. Something you may not comprehend is that several hormones that you need will only be able to be produced when you have these types of fatty acids. With regards to sitting down to supper you should in addition think about lean proteins and fish such as salmon. You will see that salmon can also be abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. And when it comes to lean protein, you should bear in mind that you only need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. Furthermore before cooking your steak you will want to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from eating extra fat. Citrus fruit will be one of the best things that you could have for your desserts, rather than having a piece of cake or even ice cream. Citrus fruits in addition supply you with vitamin C, together with other vitamins as well as minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always loved is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a gentle honey dressing. If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you ought to take these suggestions to heart. Also if you cut out all the unhealthy food that you should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
Goldfish Crackers Big Smiles with Cheddar, Colors, and Pretzel Crackers, Snack Packs, 30 CT Variety Pack Box
- VARIETY PACK INCLUDES: 10 single-serving packs of Goldfish Colors, 12 packs of Goldfish Cheddar, 8 packs of Goldfish Pretzels
- ALWAYS BAKED, NEVER FRIED: Goldfish crackers are always baked with no artificial flavors or preservatives
- KEEP GOLDFISH WITHIN REACH: From after-school snacking to mealtime, you can have all your favorite Goldfish flavors handy
- PERFECT FOR SHARING OR ENJOYING SOLO: The tasty flavors of Goldfish crackers are perfect for sharing with family or friends or enjoying on your own
- ADD EXCITEMENT TO YOUR MEALS: Add Goldfish crackers to soups, sprinkle them on salads, or simply serve as a side to your lunchtime sandwich
Campbell's Chunky Soup, Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, 18.8 Ounce Can - Pack of 12
- READY TO EAT SOUP: Enjoy the authentic Creole flavors of stewed with grilled chicken meat, rice, Andouille sausage, okra and peppers, artificial colors added
- 15 GRAMS OF PROTEIN: Each can contains 15 grams of protein—Fill Up Right
- GREAT FOR ACTIVE LIFESTYLES: Each bowl is an easy and delicious way to satisfy your hunger after the big game or after a workout
- HEAT & SERVE CANNED SOUP: Just open, add it to a pot or microwave-safe bowl, and heat on stove or in the microwave when you're hungry and crunched for time
- Ships as a (pack of 12) 18.8 ounce recyclable can
Cooking for One: Scaled Recipes, No-Waste Solutions, and Time-Saving Tips
$18.28 in stock
33 used from $11.49
|Number Of Pages||352|